Friday, November 6, 2009

Rihanna's interview with 20/20: details of Chris Brown assault



Rihanna talks with 20/20 Friday night, November 6, 2009 about the details of Chris Brown’s assault against her. The young singer shares intimate details of what led to the fight and the frightening blankness that she saw in Brown’s eyes as he assaulted her.

The argument started when Rihanna says she caught Brown lying about a text message he received from another woman as they were leaving a Grammy Awards party.

Rihanna says in the 20/20 interview that Brown wouldn’t tell the truth and she “wouldn’t drop it.”

“I couldn’t take that he kept lying to me, and he couldn’t take that I wouldn’t drop it. …It escalated into him being violent towards me. And it was ugly,” stated Rihanna.

Rihanna said she knew she couldn’t get out of the car and walk away in a gown and bloody face. She said the entire night “was not part of my plan.”

In the interview, Rihanna discusses how she broke things off with Brown and that her feelings today for him do not include hate. In fact, Rihanna stated, “I actually love and care about him. I want him to do well, have a great career, have a great life and grow up. And just take this as something you had to go through to grow up and learn.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment